1. Basic Principles
AgFReM Research Consortium abides by all laws and regulations on the protection of personal information, and ensures that all members properly handle and protect personal information. To comply with legal requirements and enhance personal information protection, AgFReM continually reviews and revises the information management regime.
2. Collection, Use, and Provision of Personal Information
AgFReM uses appropriate methods to collect personal information, and makes public, specify, or notify directly of its intended use. AgFReM will not use personal information beyond its initial purpose of use without the customer's consent.
3. Intended Use of Personal Information
(1) AgFReM will use personal information for the following purposes:
- Research and fact finding, to strengthen competitiveness of research area of natural resource management.
- Other operations and related activities to achieve the mission of AgFReM.
(2) AgFReM will use personal information only with prior consent, except when providing it to a third party insofar as necessary for the purposes specified in (1), or in cases provided for by laws and regulations.
4. Secure Management of Personal Information
AgFReM will manage personal information properly and with due care. AgFReM will implement all necessary and appropriate security management procedures to prevent personal information from being accessed without authorization, lost, manipulated, or leaked.
5. Outsourcing the Handling of Personal Information
AgFReM may in certain cases outsource the handling of personal information. In such cases, AgFReM will select a service provider that takes ample steps to protect personal information, and appropriately supervise them as necessary.
6. Disclosure of Personal and Contact Information
With regards to requests to disclose, correct, update or cease using retained personal information, or other requests relating to such information, please contact AgFReM using information from the “Contact Us” section of the Site.